Wednesday 15 May 2013

When your favourite designer gets boring?

I was checking over the Internet for some inspirations on prints design and the two designers that came to mind was Lisa Folawiyo (JBL) and Lanre Da silva Ajayi  (LDA).I can easily relate with their designs interms of having a remarkable eye for luxury fabrics and prints.LDA's designs used to be fun to me couple of years back.Now each time I see her collections the first question that comes to mind is how come her designs are so predictable?And how come no one is saying anything about it?Did they not notice?Lately,i'm getting quite bored with them really (lol like it matters to her huh?).A typical LDA design is easy to pick out from the rack.I'm not knocking anyone's hustle.Really i'm not.I just need her to be more creative,more over the edge,more out of her comfort zone.Something out of the box.Away from the usual conservativeness which depicts in her designs.
Oh well.......maybe i'm wrong.*yawns*
Below are a few collections.Maybe you might get what I mean.








                                                   Thank you for
                                                   stopping by

9 comments:

  1. I think I get wot u mean.i think she just wants to stick to dat vintage look.even wt vintage u can still get more creative

    ReplyDelete

  2. Lolu Adedeji Said:it's because U r in that line Urself, Babes. To me a novice it's her signature but U r a pro now so that's the difference. Hope I'm making sense...#winkingin3D!
    Via Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. She doesn't joke with some colours and I notice yellow is one of dem.
    Her fabrics look alike.most of d time
    Is her design vintage?i dunno.
    But I think it's too simple
    Is it affordable?hell no.not for d masses.
    If u av a rich husband then yes it's affordable for u.thank u

    ReplyDelete
  4. You expect her to leave her comfort zone when that same zone brings her money, fame and fulfillment everyday.It's not easy to stay relevant u know.I think she just want to stay relevant by doing what she knows how to do best........Mind u, I agree with u 101% but not everyone "dare to dare". I hope u understand what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not my cup of tea. LDA is very rude in a quiet manner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Infact all her designs are almost the same..she needs 2 work on her creativity..wat kinda designer uses the same material n creates d same design..all over again*rollin eyes*, she needs 2 step up!

    ReplyDelete