Different from your everyday blog.Total fashion critique from a down-to-earth perspective,Celebrities,Photos and lots more
Wednesday, 26 February 2014
25 Things You Didn't Know About Toke Makinwa
The media personality who is fast becoming a fashion icon,in a chat with Olatunde Alara of Genevieve magazine,shares her saddest moment,how she lost both parents to a fire incident,her most embarrassing moment and a lot more.
• I have a Bachelors degree from University of Lagos, I studied English Language/Literature.
Three Words that best describe me:
• My parents, I was adopted and when I look at how selfless and given they both have been, I cannot ask for more.
Favorite items in my wardrobe:
• I love shoes.
Favorite dress to wear to an event:
• I have so many Favorites; I don’t think i can choose.
Biggest Fashion mistake:
• I was styled to an event once, and on the red carpet when I was asked by the interviewer for the designer’s name of the dress I was wearing, I accidentally gave the wrong one.
Three things I can’t leave home without:
• Sunglasses (If it’s sunny)
• Lip gloss
• Nice bottle of perfume
My current look:
• To be honest I am not afraid to push the fashion envelope, but I would say glam.
• This will have to be working. I love what I do, my passion drives me.
Most embarrassing moment:
• I have one too many of those. Lol, that’s where the whole Toke Moment thing started from, I think I am extremely goofy! I get a Joke hours and sometimes days after the moment the joke was shared.
Favorite Nigerian designers:
• Mai Atafo
• Iconic Ivanity
• Bridget Awosika
• April by Kunbi
• I lost both my parents in a fire incident in 1993. I remember that morning and I haven’t been able to speak about it ever since.
• Live like you are dying, we only get to live once!
Last book I read:
• The bible
In my spare time:
• I can’t remember what a spare time feels like, if I am not at work, I am thinking about work.
If I could raid anybody’s wardrobe it would be:
• Kim Kardashian
• Victoria Beckham (They are both stylish, and have endless access to designer’s clothes)
Things I would change about myself if I could:
• I have learnt to love me whole heartedly; my flaws are part of who I am.
Favorite places to visit:
• I love Europe. It’s not so far, and there are lots of beautiful places to visit and Shop.
The people closest to my heart:
• My siblings
• White Flowers Creed
• Love in White
• Cobalt Blue
• Emerald Green
Things I would change about my job if you could:
• Absolutely NOTHING. I am living my dreams and I can only pray that it gets better
Favorite Genre of music:
• I am not fussy; I listen to different genres of music.