Monday 3 February 2014

"Myself And Hubby Will Be Celebrating Valentine In A 5-Star Hotel"Foluke Daramola Salako


What does Valentine mean to you?

Valentine to me is just a day dedicated to celebrate love and portray it as a special and necessary phenomenon. It is a day the virtues of what love is, is extolled and celebrated. It is a day humanity is reminded of the kind of love Jesus Christ has for humanity. So, celebrating Valentine is all about celebrating true and unconditional love or else it won’t be worth celebrating. Valentine is not a day to celebrate just the amorous or popular kind of love, but exactly the type of love Jesus Christ came to institute for the total liberation, well-being and unity of the human kind. I celebrate Valentine because I believe in love.
What plans do you have for this Valentine?
I will be celebrating Valentine on February 14 to express my deep affection in its originality, especially to someone who deserves it more in my life: my darling and bosom wife and soul mate, Foluke Daramola-Salako. She is my Valentine for February 14 and that is where the world should expect me to share it and express it. I try to celebrate it in such a way that, at the end of the day, someone special will feel deeply loved and vice versa.
Unfortunately, fate has made it in such a way that it will always be a period, which coincides with my wife’s birthday and our wedding anniversary, as well. So, what we are doing to celebrate during this year’s Valentine will also accommodate all we are going to be doing to mark the celebration of my wife’s birthday and our anniversary. On the 13th, my wife’s rape foundation, Action Against Rape in Africa (AARA) will be doing something special to show love to some victims of rape in the state. I understand these victims are going to be supported and celebrated with some gift items to show better love to them. On the 14th, we plan to spend what we share probably in a five-star hotel for a difference. And on the 15th, which is my wife’s birthday and our anniversary day, we plan to give it a slight and remarkable celebration. Maybe in our house or any other place of our choice with some few close friends and family members.
What’s the best Valentine gift you’ve ever gotten from your partner?
The best Valentine’gift I have ever received from anyone is from Foluke. Giving me her heart and her life to manage is the best gift I have ever received from anyone.
How often do you express love to each other?
We love and live in each other. So, asking me how often we express it to each other is like asking me how often I breathe in oxygen. Loving Foluke is already part of my life. I live in it and it is already what I am living to enjoy. I only pray we can both sustain it for as long as God wants it to last.
What does love mean to you?
One unique thing about me is that if I love my woman, I let her know. So, I tell her almost every morning what I feel about her, especially when I am in the best of my mood. Foluke is not a perfect woman. In fact, far from it. But one thing that is sure is the way I feel about her. And it is a confirmation that it is natural, genuine and destiny-ordained. She is an emotionally open, fragile and passionate woman that deserves all the best from her man. I hope to invite you to the celebration of our destiny child.
Foluke Daramola-Salako (Wife)
bbm__DSC_6923.jpg1391094333409.


What does Valentine mean to you?
Valentine to me means a time to show love, not just to your loved ones, but anyone that you feel you can reach out to and impact  that person’s life.
What plans do you have for this Valentine?
Every Valentine’s day always coincides with my birthday. Now, it also coincides with my wedding anniversary, so myself and my hubby would be going to one of the 5-star hotels in Lagos on the 14th and 15th. We would also be having a small anniversary and birthday party. But before then, on the 13th, we would be walking against rape in Nigeria and we would be taking food and other relief materials to victims of rape in my foundation (AARA).
What’s the best Valentine gift you’ve ever gotten from your partner?
The best Valentine gift I have gotten was and is still my hubby. Because I met him on the 13th of February 2012! The best Valentine in my life was the following year. I also got my wedding, a Valentine gift as well. So, I think my luck really flows with Val. It’s like I am the love child am being called.
How often do you express love to each other?
Every second of our lives, we always appreciate each other and we are never economical with our expression of love. Every morning, my hubby would wake up to tell me he loves me and I am the best thing that has happened to him in life, and that makes me feel really special and loved.
What does love mean to you?
Love means believing the best of each other, perfect understanding, accepting one another despite your demerits or weaknesses, forsaking all others for that person and most importantly, sacrifice. It comes with excitement and sometimes pains. But it’s a feeling everybody should experience because it’s never understood when explained, but felt.

3 comments:

  1. Dis Mr Salako shld go and sit down joor...you cldn't have wanted more anyway cos a woman carry all dis for front give u..shey u no know say d@ front alone na valentine and Xmas put together...if u like go cloud10 go celebration ur Val, all I can say is make u no sha allow d@ love u call oxygen cease ooo...cos na die be d@ oo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's sooo razz.

    ReplyDelete